101 E. Union St. Old Stone Church 1848-1850

The limestone came from the Bligh Quarry on the south side of the Rock River. The builder was John Peterson.
In 1935 the building was selected as having architectural merit worthy of preservation by the Historical American Building Survey. Drawings and photographs were recorded and placed in the Library of Congress, a citation from the Department of Interior hangs in the narthex of the church.

Posted: February 5, 2016 / Categories:
0 comments

Comment Form