Built by State Senator Wait Talcott for use as a store and granary. In 1888 he presented it to the town for a library. His son William gave a sum of $2000.00 to have the building remodeled. Thomas Talcott, Wait’s brother donated $1100.00 worth of books to form the nucleus of the library, other books came from the personal libraries of family members. An addition to the east was built in 1969 and two other additions coming in 1979 and 1993.